Sunday 19 June 2016

Review: Esene Face Mask

Tonight, a little over midnight, I feel the urge to use face mask after binging on K-variety shows and got overly jealous of their skin, especially those of my age and beyond. Even with HDTV, I can barely see any fine lines on their faces. Sigh. I envy you guys.

Fortunately I splurged on some instant face masks (or face packs as some would say) earlier this month, and I've kept them in the fridge for a week, so why not. I bet it'd be cool and refreshing.

Anyway, here's the product that I tried: Esene face mask gold variant. I bought this one from Century pharmacy for IDR 16,500+ (after 30% discount). It was made in PRC.


Looking good, right? My thought exactly, so I tore the package and to my surprise it's really slippery with jelly like consistency and I found it hard to put on my face while in upright position. Gravity and slipperiness are not suitable for each other this time.

On top of that, it didn't fit for my face. The forehead part were too short that it stayed 2 cm under my hairline. When I tried to bring it up, my eyes should stay close, but in the original position, the part that was supposed to cover the cupid bow covered my lip instead. The arcus of eyes and lips didn't help either because they're much less curved than other brands. Mind you, I don't have big eyes or thick lips and other brands like nuface or celebon are fine for me, but I don't think me and Esene are made for each other. Maybe if you have very small or single-lidded eyes or thin lips Esene will be nicely fit you (not very sure though), but in my case I had to tear each corner a bit. Aside from that, the chin part fit my chin perfectly.

This mask is perfumed. It was a soft floral tone (I think it's rose) and it didn't go away for the whole period when the mask was on my face (50+ minutes, the package stated to put on the mask for 15 in text instruction but 30 minutes in the image actually). The problem is I like my face packs non perfumed and even if it was, I like it to go away quickly because it can get uncomfortable for me. I'm not really a fan of rose fragrance.

Originally the sheet was thick but after 30 minutes it became less thick. I hope my skin absorbed all the goodness in it because after about 50 minutes of using it my face looked brighter that even my phone cam recognise me as 21-22 y.o. female (it was 22-23 y.o. just prior to using this). Then again, the effect of glitter might play some part (yes, the mask is glittery. I feel like I was a Cullen for a sec :D).

The plus side is, the leftover serum is plenty. I patted some on my neck and face that wasn't covered by the mask, 2 cm below hairline and 3+ cm in front of both ears, and still have this much. I keep it in the bottle atm. I think I'll use the leftover serum later. :P


Ingredients: aqua, betaine, carbomer, 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, potassium hydroxide, fragrance.

Verdict: won't buy it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment