Sunday 26 June 2016

The Reason I'm no Longer Using Built-in-Age-Detector Function of My Cellphone Camera

I bought a new cellphone, the cheap Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 earlier last month. For the first week, I was really into adjusting with this cellphone and exploring many functions (I was a Symbian user turned Blackberry user turned Samsung android user before) that I stumbled upon the age detection function of the camera and of course I was having fun with it for weeks that I even use it for mask reviews (here and here).

That was until I realized that to detect age and gender, the Beautify function of the phone should be turned on (it was on by default in the Low setting as far as I can remember). For the sake of fairness, I have then decided not to use it any longer, hence the no review period. Plus, it doesn't really give stable detection, hence the age range that I used before.

I found this android app, Face Age Recognition Scanner by AT apps, on Google Play the other day. Since it has mostly good reviews there, I reckon I can use it for the next reviews, that is until I have time (which will be coming soon since I'll head back hometown for vacation. Yay!) to set my own sheet mask review parameters as a supplement for the narratives.

Have good day and may you guys enjoy my blog more.

No comments:

Post a Comment